Event Report: Inaugural Horizon 2033 Forum
Event Report: Inaugural HORIZON 2033 Forum
Date: September 20, 2023
Location: New York, USA
Hosts: Pastor Mrs. Folu Adeboye and Pastor Mr. E.A. Adeboye, The Visionaire and Life Patron of Africa Missions Global.
The inaugural HORIZON 2033 Forum, held in New York on September 20, 2023, alongside the UN General Assembly, was an extraordinary gathering generously hosted by Pastor Mrs. Folu Adeboye and Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
We extend our heartfelt gratitude to Her Excellency, the First Lady of Nigeria, HE Dr. Mrs. Senator Oluremi Tinubu, whose presence was not only an honor but who also represented the President of Nigeria, H.E. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR.
We also convey our deep appreciation for the distinguished guests in attendance, which included:
- President of Togo, Faure Gnassingbé, represented by Mr. Kodjo Adedze, Senior Minister of the Republic, Minister of Housing, Urbanisation, and Land Reforms.
- Governor of Lagos State, HE Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
- Governor of Akwa Ibom State, HE Mr. Umo Eno.
- Folorunso Alakija, Executive Vice Chairman of Famfa Oil.
- Sanda Ojiambo, Assistant Secretary-General and Executive Director & CEO of the UN Global Compact.
- Benedict Okey Oramah, President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of African Export–Import Bank (AFREXIMBANK), represented by Dr. Elias Kagumya, Chief Risk Officer at AFREXIMBANK.
- Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu (CFR), Group Chairman of United Bank for Africa (UBA) and Founder of The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), represented by Somachi Chris-Asoluka, Chief Executive Officer of TEF.
Our heartfelt appreciation extends to industry leaders, policymakers, government officials, Africa Missions Global board members, members of the RCCG family, and friends who joined us from across the globe. Your presence was pivotal in making the forum an immense success.
During the event, a compelling video presentation showcased the remarkable work undertaken by Africa Missions Global. This footage showed our organization’s tireless efforts to uplift communities worldwide. We are actively seeking partnerships to continue this crucial work and ensure the success of HORIZON 2033.
The primary objective of this forum was to introduce Africa Missions Global to the global development community and the world at large. We aimed to foster an appreciation for our organization’s mission and the substantial value it has brought to the various communities it has touched through its poverty alleviation strategies, with a special focus on education. Education, as a key enabler, is central to our strategy. During the event, we highlighted our contributions in this sphere and expressed our openness to partnerships that can further enhance our Horizon 2033 ambition.
We anticipate that this forum not only showcases us as a trusted and open organization but also propels the following:
Building of New Partnerships (SDG 17): We seek to establish new alliances across public and private sector organizations and with individuals who share our vision and are willing to support our goal of impacting 100 million lives by 2033.
Education Solutions (SDG 4): In a post-COVID world, we aim to leverage advanced educational tools to deliver sustainable educational solutions to rural and vulnerable communities, primarily in Africa and other parts of the world. We intend to explore how these solutions can trigger progress in critical SDG areas, including food security, access to clean water, empowerment, renewable energy, and gender equality (SDGs 1-7, 11, 13, and 17), all while fulfilling our core mission.
As we move forward, we welcome the collaboration and support of like-minded individuals and organizations to join hands with us on this transformative journey. Together, we can work towards a brighter future for communities in need and contribute to the realization of the UN SDGs and the AU Agenda 2063.
Support the common cause
Helping others is the best form of reward